The Coveted LIEBSTER AWARD
Most people enjoy a pat on the back; a bit of recognition for their hard work. I know I do. But at the same time, in this instance, it feels like whoops. More people will read my blog. My writing is somewhat like my conversations. I’m never quite sure what I’m going to say. Attention can be scary.
I am honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award by The Beauty Within. This blog touts itself as, The Twisted random thoughts of a 20 something year old. A Girl Named Dee, the author, lives in rural Zambia and studies computer science. She is also a talented fashion designer. I began reading her blog when I started writing mine. I think I enjoyed the spontaneity of it, and her youthful perspective. Thank you very much Beauty Within.
The Rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award Presenter
- Answer 11 questions from your nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for the nominee to answer.
- Present the Liebster Award to 11 Blogs with 2oo or less followers; someone you feel deserves to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they have been chosen.
- Copy and paste the blog award in your sidebar.
I begin with answering 11 questions.
Questions asked by The Beauty Within:
- Have you ever been mean to someone who didn’t deserve it? After examining my conscience, I would have to say no.
- What is your favorite movie ever? I have two, Billy Jack and Walking Tall. In both movies the hero kicked the butts of people who deserved to have their butts kicked. I saw those movies so many times, I knew the dialogue.
- Would you rather give up technology for a year, or live a year eating nothing but tripe? I would gladly forego technology. There would have to be nothing but tripe to eat, for me to succumb to animal intestines, for my nutrition.
- Do you believe in stuff like soul mates and love of my life? I definitely believe in soul mates. I have been married to mine for thirty years. He has been my one and only true love.
- What kind of blogs do you like? Blogs that I like don’t have to be any particular theme, but they do have to be genuine and interesting. I tend to like the character of the person writing.
- Are you a dog person or a cat person? Having to choose, I will say dog. But even dogs, I have to warm up to.
- If there is a novel and a movie based on that novel, soon to be released, do you read the novel, or do you just say ” I will wait for the movie”? Definitely, I watch the movie. I love the movies.
- What’s the first site you go to as soon as you get on the computer? Facebook, what else?
- If you could spend the day with anyone for a day, who would it be and why? My daughter, because I haven’t seen her in a long time.
- What do you miss more if it isn’t there, water or electricity? Water!
- Do you love watching series, is so what is your favorite at the moment? I watch two television series, one that follows the other and they both make me laugh like crazy. BIG BANG is the best.
11 Random facts about myself
- I like to drink coffee
- I like to eat out
- I surf
- I am a hobbyist photographer
- I went to Parochial School
- I grew up in the country
- I can ride a horse
- I like alfalfa sprouts
- I travelled to Europe as a teenager
- I have monkeys in my yard
- I am a back porch musician
11 Questions for my nominees
- If you could travel to any destination, where would it be?
- Who is your favorite philosopher?
- Have you ever done drugs? Just kidding….If you could choose a degree, everything paid for, what would you study?
- Do you believe we are all connected as One?
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite car?
- Are you familiar with Alice in Wonderland?
- Do you believe in infinite possibilities?
- For the right amount of money, would you go over Niagra Falls in a barrel~what would the right amount of money be?
- Do you prefer the sunrise or sunset?
- Do you read the blogs that you “like”?
From what I understand, this is all quite tongue in cheek. The Liebster award is a way for blogs to be further circulated and for bloggers to recognize their peers. I know that a few I have chosen will opt-out on this award, but some will gladyly accept. I participated, partly because it was another challenge, also it is an opportunity for me to have some fun. Rule #62-don’t take yourself so seriously.
The blogs that I choose to pass this torch to are:
- Incidentallearner ~ because I love the art and relate
- A Proper Blog ~ well, because it’s proper
- APENYO ~ because it’s incredible writing/ off the charts
- My Life Through and 15-55mm lens ~ a student of art/current abstracts are awesome
- livingingraceland ~ because she devotes her life to those in need, and shares the grace of God
- Quantum Veil ~ a new find, that explores science, religion and consciousness
- Mobile Photography ~ Nokia photography – this person has an artistic flair
- One Not Alone ~ a spiritual lady, telling her story
- A PHOTO JOURNEY ~ a Carolina nature study, poignant
- MothCatepillar ~ a random thought humorist
- Carberto ~ because I am impressed by his imagination and tenacity
Thank you fellow bloggers. I wouldn’t follow you if I thought you were BAD. You actually add measures of interest to my life. So, CHEERS!