If there’s one thing I know about it’s depression. It’s a heavy, life choking, darkness that envelops and drains. Your energy is non-existent. Sunshine is your nemesis.
I use to live in depression – Christmas Depression – being the worst.
Let’s look at the syllabus.
- family get together (there is none)
- learn to accept the family divorce
- see your grandchildren (they are apart of the divorce)
- listen to others talk about their families and view baby photos
- talk to your daughter and express your love for one another (off bounds)
- look at family photos of past times ( you lost them in the divorce)
The thing about depression is it’s more about your thoughts than your circumstances. Other’s will express – that’s SO SAD. Like, stating the obvious is somehow helpful. It’s not.
I do not like to be depressed. Therefore, I exercise, eat right, think positive and stay in the sunshine.
So if it looks like I’m having a good time, in my social media. I am.
I can’t change other people only, myself.
I love Christmas in the tropics. It agrees with me.
Grandma’s Gone Surfing