1. Do not listen to this song!
2. Don’t listen to sad, country music ballads, ever!
3. Do not lay down in the day time.
4. Walk ~ wear headphones ~ listen to upbeat music.
5. Help someone. Get out of yourself.
6. If you find yourself unable to do 4 and 5, watch a funny movie. I suggest a Tyler Perry, Madea film. If you do not laugh, check yourself into a hospital. You are too far gone.
7. Write a blog post about how to avoid depression.
* I am no stranger to depression. As a young person, I would listen to sad songs and ballads, having no idea what effect they were having on me. These suggestions might sound trite, however, utilizing them has saved my life.
Christmas can be a difficult holiday, for many. I use to be one of those. At one time, I experienced extreme depression on what was supposed to be the most joyful day of the year.
I, with help ~ from people ~ learned to turn all of that around.
Focus on what you have, not on what you don’t have.
Secondhand Surfer is my personal journal. It has been a life saver this year. 2012 is coming to a close and I’m already looking forward to making my blog better next year. I’d like to think that I have been successful this year, in all that I’ve learned and published: all the pictures I’ve taken and edited, all the people I’ve met, waves I’ve caught and places I’ve traveled to.
My audience are those who read my posts……
Thank you everyone for sharing my year!